Thanks for being part of INPIRG and helping make 2011 such a success.
Check out some of our highlights from the year:
• Collecting 250 pounds of food and 300 articles of clothing to fight poverty in Bloomington.
• Reducing the burden of student loan debt by capping students' monthly loan payments and stopping aggressive cuts to Pell grants, the federal financial aid program that serves more than 9 million students.
• Sponsoring a free care and vaccine clinic for community members who do not have alternative access to health care.
• Setting up a recycling program to make it easier for students living off-campus to recycle.
• Being one of 40 campus stops on the national Textbook Rebellion Tour to raise awareness about the high cost of textbooks and affordable solutions. The tour collected 10,000 petition signatures and was featured in 100 news stories.
• Collecting 600 petition signatures asking Congress to eliminate wasteful government subsidies that make unhealthy food cheaper than healthy food.
• Teaming up with the cast of Mad Men to make a Funny or Die video supporting High Speed Rail.
We're able to do this work because over 4,000 IU students chip in $10 every semester to fund INPIRG. Thanks for your support.
Of course, there's still a lot to be done on all of our campaigns. We have a lot of great things planned and look forward to next semester!
- About Us
- IU Chapter
- Get Involved